Monday, April 16, 2007

And so it begins



Oh, the irony is killing me. Sheryl Crow never sang about taking birth control pills in order to conceive. After our IVF orientation session today, we picked up our prescriptions. And to add more humor to the situation, the pharmacist-in-training advised me that the antibiotic I'm taking may interfere with the effectiveness of birth control pills. I'm sure she wondered why I snorted.

Tomorrow is the official start of this fun ride. Cycle day 3. In the morning, I will be going for my FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) test. A cycle day 3 FSH test is an indicator of ovarian reserve (ie. how old your eggs are). It helps the doctor to determine your IVF protocol (what doses of meds to start you on, etc).

Brad and I also both start antibiotics tomorrow. We have to take them twice daily and the nurse warned that they're killer on your stomach, so they should be taken with a full meal. Should be fun times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Cind & Brad,

Thanks for letting us join the ride. We are here for you! Good luck and God bless. Our love is for you and your soon to be growing family. We love you guys!

Love,
Soph, Chuck, Alex and Zach

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. It keeps us informed and you don't have to keep repeating yourselves. You know you're always in my prayers. Love you. Cherri

Anonymous said...

Cindy...wishing you much success with your IVF. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. If you have any questions along the way, you know I've BTDT! Take care, Stephanie (from FF)

Brenda said...

Yes, it is rather ironic isn't it.