Friday, April 20, 2007

So, this is the boring part

I starting taking the birth control pills on Tuesday. Both Brad and I started the antibiotics on Tuesday too. After some phonetag with the nurses, I finally got my next appointment scheduled for next Thursday. I'll be going for my protocol review (find out what the heck I'm actually doing) and my uterine sounding (where they just poke me with a tube and have me tell them when they're hitting something - fun times).

I also ordered my medications today from the mail-order specialty pharmacy. I don't even know what all I ordered... I do know that my stimulant medications are going to be Bravelle and Menupur, which is pretty normal. I'm getting a truckload of drugs and I only had to pay $200 in co-pays (as opposed to many thousands of dollars that I would have to pay if I didn't have my wonderful insurance coverage).

I also found out that the pharmacy can ship my meds to the local Fedex location (instead of my house) and I can pick them up in the evening. I wish someone would have told me that before when I got drug deliveries and had to run around like a nut trying to find someone who could sign for the package during the day (and put the drugs in the fridge). So that'll make life a little easier and I can pick up my meds at Fedex (nearby) on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool about the price and Fed Ex pick up.....

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Sending our prayers for all of this. and hugs!!

Susan said...

Sounds like you are on the right track! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...