Monday, April 16, 2007

Starting at the beginning...

If you're reading this blog, it's probably because I invited you here to follow our journey through IVF. But in case you stumbled here, I'll give you a quick recap of what's happened so far. My husband, Brad, and I have been trying to have our first child for about 3 years now. In those 3 years, I've been pregnant 3 times. I lost one very early and the other two at around 6 weeks. We have no explanations as to why it's so difficult for us to get pregnant and stay pregnant. Other than my slightly whacky cycles, we're both perfectly healthy and normal. My last pregnancy was in late summer of 2006 and I would have been due next month.

And that brings us here. To IVF. This is our last shot. We have insurance that covers $25k of infertility treatment and drugs. We plan to exhaust that benefit and then get off this crazy roller coaster and move on with our lives. Hopefully, this works and we'll have a baby next spring. If not, we will pursue adoption. One way or another, this is going to be over soon.

The purpose of this blog is to keep everyone informed. I know I have a lot of people rooting for me and I don't want to leave you all in the dark. But I also don't want to deal with daily phone calls asking for updates. If I can write it down, you all can read it at your leisure. Comment if you want, but don't feel obligated to.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

You know I'm praying for you hon. (((hugs))) Praying this works.

Anonymous said...

Whoopee....so it begins!!

Love, Mom