Sunday, May 6, 2007

Fun with needles begins

I started Lupron about a week ago. It's taken by little sub-cutaneous needles (that aren't too scary). The purpose of it is to suppress the ovaries and make things nice and quiet in there. It produces a kind of peri-menopause, but so far I have been lucky with the side effects. I feel a little "blah" and I've had some annoying acne, but other than that, I've been fine. Knock on wood that I don't get any hot flashes or headaches like I've heard about from other women. I figure if I've made it a week, I'm probably fine, though.

Tomorrow is also my last birth control pill, so I should expect to get my period around the end of this week, so then we can get this show on the road!

My baseline ultrasound is scheduled for Tuesday, May 15th. That's when they'll check that I'm sufficiently suppressed (and don't have any cysts) and they'll decide if I'm ready to start stimulants. If I "pass", I'll start stims on Saturday, May 19th, while I'll be away from home at sorority convention. While it's not ideal to start my meds while away from home, I'm very glad that I don't have to drive home in the middle of convetion for a doctor's appointment.

I'll write a little list of dates on the sidebar so that you can keep track of when things are happening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....this is getting exciting!

Love, Mom xoxoxox