Thursday, May 31, 2007

Egg Retrieval

Egg retrieval was today. The good news is that the doctor got 18 eggs! Yay! That's a great number. The nurse told me that they hope for 10 and any more is just bonus.

The bad news is that it didn't go smoothly and it was very painful. And I'm still feeling like poo. You know how the saying goes, "there's no such thing as minor surgery when it's being done to you." Anyway, I won't go into the details, but I'm going to be fine. I just need some time to rest and recover.

Tomorrow, I'll find out how many eggs fertilized and how many little embryos are growing in the lab!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it made you feel so bad. I was thinking of you all day yesterday. Grandma was asking about it last night. Cherri

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that it was a painful experience. Just think, the hardest part of the entire IVF is now over! I'm so glad that you made it through with 18 eggs Cindy.

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}}
-Angi