Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Who knew?

I learned something new about myself this weekend. I learned that I can now do injections in my sleep.

Lupron is rather time-sensitive, so I've been trying to take it as close to 7am each morning as possible. On the weekend, that meant setting my alarm, even though I would prefer to sleep in.

I got up at 7am, went to the bathroom (with the light off and my eyes shut), walked downstairs, got the lupron out of the fridge, opened a alcohol wiped, wiped the bottle and my belly, opened a clean syringe, jabbed the bottle, pulled up exactly 10 units, put the bottle back in the fridge, pinched my belly, jabbed my belly, pulled out the needle, put a cotton ball on it while walking back upstairs...

And climbed right back into bed and went immediately back to sleep. Zzzzzzz...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to think you were afraid of needles only just a short time ago ;)

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! Sounds like something I would do.....go back to sleep, that is.

Mom