Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The big day - embryo transfer!

We had 3 early blasts left today (everything else was degenerating). But the good news is that all 3 were Grade 1 (perfect). So, since the doctors seemed confident that the other 2 would make it to freeze (giving us a 2nd shot with a future frozen transfer if this fails), we went ahead with a single blast transfer. I had imagined we'd have a lot more embryos to pick from at this stage, but I can't complain about 3 perfect blasts. I'll find out tomorrow afternoon if my other 2 made it to freeze.

I got to talk to the embryologist and he was pretty happy with how everything went. The only slight problem was that he felt I had too many immature eggs (6 out of 18) and so if we ever did another fresh cycle, he would recommend adjusting the stimulation phase (different meds/dosage/timing) to help with that.

I asked him if anything he saw would help to explain our losses and he said no, that everything was pretty normal and average. He talked about a couple of things that he could have observed (like a large percentage of improper fertilization, etc) but he didn't see any of those red flags.

So, now I just spend 2 days on the couch and the wait begins...

5 comments:

A said...

Yay yay yay! I'm SO glad w/ the three blasts!!!!! And you got your single embryo transfer, so you must be relieved about that.

Fingers crossed for a nice sticky BFP.
*hugs*!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm sending lots of prayers your way. xo ~Kate

Anonymous said...

HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!! REST NOW.....

LOVE, MOM

Anonymous said...

Great news with the three blasts! My fingers are crossed for you both. Take it easy and try to relax. -Sue

Michelle said...

Take are of yourself!! I'm praying for you!!