Saturday, June 2, 2007

Well, I guess that answers some questions...

My embryos did surprisingly poorly overnight. Out of 11 fertilized eggs, only 7 divided.

All 7 growing embryos are 2-4 cells, which is what they should be at this stage. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being best):

  • 2 are grade 1
  • 3 are grade 2
  • 2 are grade 4

They're moving my transfer to tomorrow. They explained to me that the only reason to wait to do a 5-day transfer is to pick out the best embryos and if we already know which ones are the best, there is no point in waiting longer.

We'll see how they're doing tomorrow and decide how many to transfer (or possibly push off transfer to day 5, if we wanted to stick to our plan of transferring 1 day-5 blast to reduce our risk of twins... but there's no guarentee that we'll get a blast).

This is not the way I hoped things would go, but it could be much worse. I still have 2 perfect embryos and 3 pretty good ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well this might not be the best news, but....there are 2 really good ones!

Let us know what happens tomorrow....

Love, Mom