Monday, June 4, 2007

No updates today

The nurse called me today to let me know that my transfer is going to be at 11am tomorrow. I asked about the status of my embryos and she said to call the lab... so I did. The lab told me that they don't check on embryos on day 4 because they're difficult to evaluate at the morula stage (where they should be at this point) so they just leave them alone in the incubator until day 5.

So, tomorrow is the big day. Thankfully, my main doctor will be doing my transfer (also did my egg retrieval) and I'm glad about that. I've heard that he has the "golden touch" and there are higher success rates with his transfers than with the other doctors in the practice. I hope that works for us!

2 comments:

A said...

You know, no update is still an update. I heard the same thing about Dr. S's transfer rates. No idea why, but hey, I'll take it. Enjoy the down time. The ET should be a breeze. Like an IUI, I swear.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're getting the golden touch doc. It sounds like you've had the golden touch embryologists too! Have you decided on how many you'll transfer? Best of luck!
-Sue