Saturday, June 16, 2007

The bills have started rolling in...

I got the bill for the cryopreservation of our 2 extra embryos. For one year of storage, it's $310. We also had to sign a contract that acknowledges that if anything happens to them, it's not the lab's fault.

I'm very glad to have our snowbabies, but the bills are making my head spin.

I also got my first COBRA bill this week (for the insurance that has infertility coverage). That's going to be a tough decision to discontinue that coverage... Discontinuing it would also mean that any costs associated with actually transferring our snowbabies in the future would be all out of pocket (somewhere around $3000/attempt, I believe).

Correction: That was my 2nd COBRA bill. I thought they sent me a duplicate statement, but I had just paid June and now they want the money for July. Ugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your monthly COBRA cost? Also, hold off paying the COBRA for as long as possible, and perhaps then you'll be able to feel better about your decision as to whether or not discontinue the coverage.... I sure miss my Xerox insurance. - Sue

Michelle said...

Maybe you shouldn't open anything that looks like a bill...let Brad handle that. You just be happy and stressfree!!! Take care of yourself Cindy!!!

Sticky dust & Prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm not fun....

Mom